Lasius niger is a aggressive shinny black ant species which is widely distributed throughout Europe. This species favor sunny places like waysides or sunny hills. It is a monogyne species.
- Taxonomy: Formicinae
- Size: Workers: 3,5 - 5 mm, Queen: 8 - 9 mm
- Color: shinny black
- Distribution: throughout Europe
- Nutrition: primary honey- or sugar water and later protein in the form of insects
- Hibernation: Yes
- Temperature: 20° - 25° C
- Nest building: Soil nests, builds small soil based mounds between grass stems or under stones
- Planting: Grass or similar (not suitable for the arena)
- Class: very easy
was added to the shopping cart.
could not be added to the shopping cart.